THE LAST DAY: DAY 30

June 30th
Day 30: Tee Off Bar and Grill
3129 Clement St. (Official Sponsor)
Theme Night:
SF GIANTS (Come and wear your Black and Orange!!!)
7-???

THE LAST DAY! Come out and join us for a bite to eat and a drink. This might be the last and final day of Debauchery... Don't miss it!

-Rally Oh of All City Project


Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 10: Li Po

PICTURE WILL BE POST SOON.  BUSY DRINKING, NOT ENOUGH UPLOADING STAND BY...

Hey, I’m gonna keep it real.  I used to get mistaken for being Chinese.  One of my first best friends growing up was Chinese.  Most of my teenage life was spent in the Richmond District.  I went to George Washington.  I was raised on "Jun May" on Balboa. (Chinese food to go) I’ve never hung out in Chinatown because I thought it was pretty much in my backyard.  If you grew up in the Aves you know it’s true.  I’m not trying to be funny, just keeping it real. Now that I’m an adult, I guess it's time to check it out.  Isn’t that the REAL reason why we started this whole 30 Days thing?  Explore all neighborhoods in this beautiful city of ours? 
Here we are.  In the middle of what seems to be the pulse of Chinatown, a little hidden gem called Li-Po.  Ever see that movie Big Trouble in Little China.  Just the front of this place looks like it was from a Hollywood set.  (Add pic here)  I felt like the Filipino Jack Burton walking in the bar and ordering a shot to Jamison and a beer looking for that girl with the green eyes? (Later that night one of our friends came in and I think she had green eyes… funny observation) And where’s David Lo Pan?    Daniel, the big brother behind the bar was quiet in the beginning.  But by the end of the night, we were doing shots like we knew each other. He was also playing 90 r&b but he was just a tad bit older than me.  He must have known I was coming.  “Doh-Jay” Li-Po’s famous drink was their Chinese Mai-Tai.  Chinese Liquor and 151 rum?  I think Catharine had one or two and she said she was buzzing.  Nice.  Rumor has it that this place was an opium den back in the day.  Li-Po was established in 1936, so I can believe that.  So, if you are in Chinatown, grab some dim-sum, the head over to Li-Po and get a Mai Tai.  Tell them 30 Days sent ya! 
Thanks for coming out: Monica, Juan, Tina, Catharine, Sammy Boy, Jen, Jason, Morseo, Cross, Germanyni, and A.gee   Thanks you Karen and Janine for letting me get in your ear about the 30 days. 
To the ACP Crew, 10 Days down, 20 shots to go, and when this is all said and done…60 Days of total Debauchery!  Dig that…… 
Rallyoh – 30DoD/APC

No comments: