THE LAST DAY: DAY 30

June 30th
Day 30: Tee Off Bar and Grill
3129 Clement St. (Official Sponsor)
Theme Night:
SF GIANTS (Come and wear your Black and Orange!!!)
7-???

THE LAST DAY! Come out and join us for a bite to eat and a drink. This might be the last and final day of Debauchery... Don't miss it!

-Rally Oh of All City Project


Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day 5: Zeitgeist

DayYeah, we're laggin' a bit... but we're in 30 Day party-mode, what'd you expect?

Oh yes... an overcast Sunday afternoon, low-and-behold, what's on the agenda: more 16oz curls. Day 5 started at a BBQ in the park, by 3:30pm I'm drinking Back In Black at the picnic tables behind Zeitgeist. I think it means "The Spirit" or "Essence", or some sh*t like that... anywaze, it was my first time there. The bartender Robin actually remembered what I was drinking, which was remarkable because there were a ton of mofos in the house. Good variety of drinks, I heard there were 48 beers on tap, price was right too, I think it was like 4 or 5 bucks for most of 'em. I'm digging the bar's motto too: "Where the beer is warm, and the women are cold." The backyard beer gardens are 420 friendly too.

The crowd was straight clannish, sticking to themselves... which is all good. This spot has a one-of-a-kind feel, it's more than a neighborhood hangout, it's almost like its own underworld. I was feeling the Faith No More and Deftones coming out of the speakers early on, then I started getting sloppy and the music became irrelevant. They had a pool table, kitchen with a fat menu, and a f*ckin late-80s Honda XR650L dual-sport mounted up on one of the walls... nice! I planned on leaving early, but I didn't end up staggering out until like 10, or something.



Good to see the folks that came thru: The homie Jah, Monica, Ari, Cecily, Darrick, Louise, and the bartender from Lion Pub (see Day 2), Patrick.


No comments: